Saturday 21 May 2011

First post by Moi!

New blog, almost new me....

I've attempted blogging before which ended in pure disaster (slight over-exaggeration here, of course). I have a tendency to 'forget' as such, that I even have a blog or that I should be dedicated to writing in it. Same as my diary really, which has a layer of inch-thick dust gathered on the sleeve, buried in my mountainous bookshelf. (One medium-sized wooden shelf, to be exact.)
Speaking of shelves actually, I came across this fantastic idea in Ideal Home (May 2011, my secret Bible) to create some hand-crafted shelving from apple crates or pigeon holes, which is, literally in my eyes, MY IDEAL. I'm so excited about the prospect - it will feel like my own little project. The only issue is the cost. I found a website, Baileyshomeandgarden.com which sets the cost of apple crates at £24 each. No thankyou. Ebay isn't any better either - £12.5o each, IF I buy a job lot of 54 in total. No thankyou. Can't this be the sort of thing I can find in a Car boot? I'm not looking for the oldest ones, just some nice antique looking ones with writing on the sides.

I also found this website, Paintedwoodenfurniture.co.uk which has like, my dream furniture in! If you hadn't already guessed, I'm kind of a handy-craft junky. I love anything with a story behind it, even if I have to make it up myself. I love a piece with mystery such as who was behind crafting it, or where it has been. Anything faded in appearances, or anything rich in colour and texture suits me perfectly. But yet again, this website too claims to cost a fortune (small fortune for folk with money). Oh well. I'll keep my eye out for anything I can knock together with something else, to make it into something practical...... or just for plain fun :)

Bidding thee well, Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment