Sunday 26 June 2011

Ian Walton - Venice,9,48,Mist.2008

IAN WALTON - Venice,9,48,Mist.2008

One of my fave pieces from Ian Walton's work. I love the whole vagueness of the scene - the arches of Venice are not entirely detailed but are prominant... the archaic colours of Italy create the impression that I am present within, though are clouded by memory... even the red and white striped pole is symbolic of the watery terrain. I want to be there! I was actually meant to be going on holiday to Italy this summer, but personal funds won't allow this, especially since University costs so much!! One day maybe....

Emma.

1 comment:

  1. i found you lol, i was trying to find an ian walton piece to show someone at uni, and on google your distorted portrait came up lol..i was like whaaaaatttttt is emmma doing on google lol:)
    love amy x

    ReplyDelete