Saturday 25 June 2011

09/06/2011 - Final Major Exhibition


Final Major Exhibition, 09/06/2011: Went really well! Had a fantastic time basically celebrating our success after a long year of hard work. Got some great 'buzz' from some of the guests, and even had a few offers on 2 of my pieces. 'Morning Haze' was the most popular (the portrait sized painting), one of my favourite pieces, Mixed Media on Canvas. I have actually sold this for £100 (oh my gees!) to my English Literature teacher from my second year at A-level. My first painting to be sold -- I couldn't be more proud!! She even gave me a hug and told me how much she appreciated me selling the piece to her. I get the cheque tomorrow when I sign off. The fashion show was equally as fantastic, there are some really talented students in this world :D

I got my results the next day - I scored a Merit! I originally thought that maybe I could have scored a distinction, and was in quite a bit of shock having been led on a little by the 'D' marked by my Statement of Intent, but I overcame this and I couldn't be more proud of my achievement :) I think the biggest shock came from my boyfriend who scored a really well deserved distinction, after many years of barely putting any work in he finally came out on top! He's going on to study Architecture at the same university.

I have also found some new class mates on Facebook who are starting my Contemporary Arts degree in September. Ahhhh so excited!

Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment