Monday 27 June 2011

Recent works from FMP...


Just thought I'd post a few pics up of some of the work I have been doing recently. This is one of the pieces that went up in my Final Major Exhibition, called 'Storm', painted with inks layered on top of sand and collaged textile pattern paper. I actually found out that pattern paper is a fantastic medium to use, because it is so thin it becomes really flexible, transparent and rips nicely, especially when wet. The whole theme I was working on during the project was mainly to do with memory, my own, and personal experiences of the coastline that I have grown up with. I worked with intuition and passion, creating this abstract painting that I feel resembles elements of a storm at sea. :)


I actually sold this painting to one of my old teachers at college, for a lovely £100, after a lot of interest at my FME night. A little sum to go towards my university funds! I named it 'Morning Haze' because it reminded myself of a cold, sharp morning on the beach in the winter. Again this is a mixed media piece on canvas, working with inks, hand-made paper, scrim, sand, plaster and textile pattern paper. Mainly inspired by the artist Toni Grote who I found on a blog, who creates stunning minimal landscapes from mixed media.

Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment